1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions before buying

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rikki4921, Jan 19, 2016.

?

Is moving to a Nexus phone worth it?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rikki4921

Rikki4921 Lurker

I currently have an iPhone 5c, and my contract is due to end soon and I want the Nexus 6p.

I have a few questions that have been on my mind about it for a while. I have done some research but I am finding pages that say about rooting.. what? Anyway, here are the questions I am concerned about..

1. Can you get IOS emojis? If so, do you need to root it, or can you simply download an app?
    2. Can you get a keyboard like iPhone? I want to come away from iPhones, but I have a hard time when trying to type on Android and Google phones! I'm also not a fan of the black text background, I prefer the 'paler' look.
    3. Can you get an app that shows how many notifications you have before opening it? (On iPhones they have a little number on the app icon)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rikki4921

Rikki4921 Lurker

Thank you for your reply! I never knew this so this is quite new to me, I will start to look into that!
    I remember using something that could show the notification, but this was years back, plus I was wondering if it was possible as it is stock android only.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Most custom ROM's have the notification count functionality, but I don't know how comfortable you are rooting.

I'm not sure if there's an app solution, as I've always rooted.

I will say the 6P is the best phone I've owned. I have absolutely no itch to use anything else. I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

intrdrgn and Rikki4921 like this.
  4. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

PhoneFusion's Visual Voicemail Plus app will show you a count of voicemails (new, old and ready for delete counts are all displayed on the apps icon).

Rikki4921 likes this.
  5. Wildo6882

Wildo6882 Well-Known Member

Stock Android will not show notification counts on the app icon. You would need to use Nova Launcher and use their plugin for that. Nova is a good launcher and has a ton of customization options, if you're looking for something like that. It doesn't require you to root either.

Rikki4921 likes this.
  6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Android does have emojis. I'm not sure what differences there may be between the iOS one s and Android.

There are a variety of different third party keyboards available on Android. I don't know if there is one exactly like the iOS one. Third party keyboard on Android tend to have more features than the ones on iOS and there are more of them. Likely you will not find one exactly like iOS and Apple does not make an Android third party keyboard.

Nova Prime launcher has that feature.

Rikki4921 likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Android as of 4.3 has colour emoji, same as iPhone. So any recent device will be no problem.

Rikki4921 likes this.
  8. Rikki4921

Rikki4921 Lurker

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it :D

psionandy likes this.
  9. difinka2

difinka2 Newbie

10. difinka2

difinka2 Newbie

Is it at all possible you are referring to Facebook notifications or perhaps
    Yahoo mail?
    Moving from iPhone to an android based phone is already a step in the right direction!
    My biggest problem in current best phone is there are so many great phones quote choose from that I get confused with choice!
    Good Luck,

Nexus 6P Forum

The Nexus 6P release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews