• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions before deciding to buy Desire

1. Can u use the Desire GPS without sim or internet connection
2. Are there apps for reading excel files or pdf files
3. Does the OLED screen leave finger prints
4. how does the OLED screen compare to a iphone 4 or HTC HDA2
5. What is the desire like for syncing with vista or windowblows 7.0
6. Can the desire run DIVX files

1. Without internet yes never tried without sin.

2. Pdf yes already on phone, Excel yes with market apps.

3. Oled screen does leave fingerprints yes.

4. Personal preference but I think desire has more vivid colours than iPhone 4, also bigger screen and is only slightly less sharp than iPhone 4.

5. Don't sinc myself but connected as a disc drive etc and seems easy. Hardly turn on my pc since getting desire lol.

6. Yes in certain browsers or with market apps.

Upvote 0
1. Can u use the Desire GPS without sim or internet connection
2. Are there apps for reading excel files or pdf files
3. Does the OLED screen leave finger prints
4. how does the OLED screen compare to a iphone 4 or HTC HDA2
5. What is the desire like for syncing with vista or windowblows 7.0
6. Can the desire run DIVX files

1. Yes.

2. Yes, [pdf] Pdf Reader is preloaded. [excel] Quickoffice is preloaded. You can get Documents to Go in the market for editing both.

3. The AMOLED screen does leave fingerprints.

4. The AMOLED screen has brighter and vivid colours than iPhone 4 and HD2. It has darker blacks and brighter screen indoors, but quite poor in sunlight.
However, the iPhone 4 has greater resolution.
HD2 is just old. >_>

5. Theres HTC Sync for syncing or you can just mount the MicroSD using the provided USB cable. Works like WinMo.

6. Yes, using Yxflash or Rockplayer from teh market. Supports Xvid and DivX, mp4, mkv, rmvb video files.

------------------
The Desire has an AMOLED screen...why are you calling it OLED? Some newer ones come with SLCD which seems to equal the AMOLED.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones