1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions before replacing Connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaredmh20, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Jaredmh20

Jaredmh20 Newbie

Hey everyone - so the overheating is finally getting out of control! At first it would get a little warm 40C when I would be on the phone for more then an hour and using the web. However, now the phone pretty much sits at 40C and goes up to 55C before eventually shutting off.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to reinstall all the bloatware I deleted before hand?
    2. What type of method will they use to see the temperature (im sure they'll put up a fight)
    3. Will I be able to transfer all my data over to my new phone -or- is their an app that can do this (ie. Games I've downloaded, files)?
    4. Do they give me a replacement right their, or are they going to give me B.S. about sending it off?

Thanks in advance everyone! :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member

i dont really have experience returning a phone to metro.. but..
    1. reinstall bloatware?? you mean you root your phone and uninstall metro apps? as far as i know they dont take the phone back if u root the phone.. but again dont really know about this.
    2. i remember to read here in this forum that one of the guys was showing them the temps with an app he downloaded from google play or android market.. so i guess thats the only way.. but you can touch your phone and feel its hot with those temps.. and also you can get or ask them to check with infrared thermometer maybe?? dont know..
    3. i had to go to metro becouse my connect didnt have 4g so they almost replace it.. when they almost gave me a new phone the guy took my memory card and put it in the new one and also he ask me if i wanted new battery or the one i already charged.. at the end the figure out that there was a problem with the activation of my sim card so they didnt give me new phone and the fix the issue.
    4. as i told you before they were up to giving the replace right away.. i went to a metro corporate store.. but i ve heard that if they dont have it the send it to you by mail..

hope that helps.. but remember dont really have personal experience on this...

3. THE W

THE W Android Expert

Get an extended battery?

4. 4ubest

4ubest Android Enthusiast

They told me it was not their policy to replace right there so I had to wait 5 days for a replacement but I kept mine in the mean while. One thing I did not like was that the replacement was a refurbished one but they said that is the policy.

This phone also heats up so I got an extended 3500 battery and it has never gotten past 32.

5. GodTalks

GodTalks Newbie

The replacement process took about 7 days. The replacement I got was flawless. The over heating was less. I got the 3500mah and now the overheating is not an issue.

6. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert

can somebody help me unroot please? there is no guide or anything i need to unroot to replace the phone mine is overheating

7. yo yo yoags

yo yo yoags Newbie

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews