1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions for Atrix owners (Dealbreakers)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unity04, Feb 22, 2011.

1. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting an Atrix and have a few questions:

1. When you sync your Facebook to Motoblur does it automatically populate your phone book with your Facebook contacts? If so, is it possible to then sort your phone book so it only shows phone book contacts? If so, lol, then, is it possible to link your contacts info to their Facebook account if you sort by phone numbers and don't display all your Facebook contacts? I know on HTC Android phones and WP7 you could do this, just wondering if Blur changed anything.

2. Has anyone found a way to turn off the vibrate response to the four buttons on the bottom of the phone?

3. Do the four buttons on the bottom of the phone look white or yellow?

4. Has your phone rebooted by itself?

Deal breakers for me.... thanks!

Advertisement

2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

without even owning an Atrix i can answer the majority of these questions with certainty...
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. white (why would they be yellow :thinking:)
    4. i don't know since i don't own it

3. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

2- If you've found a way to turn off the feedback there's a few people in the support forum that are trying to figure it out. Can you shed some light on it please?

3- I read a post that someone said the 4 buttons have a 'tint' of yellow to them:thinking:

4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

i wouldn't read too much into people's claims without proof. some people are color blind and others will just find something to complain about tbh.

disabling haptic feedback should be menu, settings, sound and somewhere in there. this has been the case with both Android devices i've owned from two different manufacturers (HTC/Samsung)

sounds like there's a lot of people that have decided to join Android and are already overwhelmed with all of the different settings lol

also, i'd recommend checking the device out yourself. go by your own opinion and experiences versus someone elses.

dressagerider, jroc and unity04 like this.
  5. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

1. I can't really comment here because I got a little gun shy when I added facebook to the blur accounts. I was afraid it might sync all those contacts to my gmail contacts and I did not want that at all so I immediately deleted the facebook account from blur.

2. I couldn't find any setting for haptics on those buttons, I'd bet you can't disable them normally, it's possible that you could find an app to do it but I'm not sure as I don't want to disable it.

3. I'd say the buttons are a warm white color or cream. They aren't stark white. I found that they are a pleasant color when it's dark, not too bright; but everyone has their own opinion.

4. My phone has not rebooted by itself since I've had it.

6. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Mine are pretty yellowish!

7. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member

There is no native setting to turn off haptic feedback on those buttons.

Youareme is correct, those buttons are more of a cream color, not white. Some have "complained" that they are yellowish, but I don't see it.

Not really a matter of being overwhelmed in my case, but there is some redundancy and less clarity on setting up Android. For instance, in the global settings, I turned "vibrate" to "never". But yet, every message I got in GV and handcent made the phone vibrate...had to go into those app settings to change them as well. Whats the point of a global setting if it's useless?

8. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member

1. Just don't use the blur face book (I don't use blur at all) there are facebook apps in the market.
    2. Not that I know of.
    3. White/cream
    4. Never had the problem with Atrix.

9. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Android Enthusiast

1. yes you can goto contacts then menu then settings and click on which contact group list u want under contacts..gmail, facebook, all..etc

2. no..as far as i know you cant

3. white yellowish

4. yes, ive owned two atrix and both have rebooted..my first device battery was really bad also.

10. element526

element526 Newbie

I have never looked at segregating contacts. The haptic response I have been unable to disable. The buttons at the bottom I would describe as cream colored (I guess some people would say yellowish but I don't see it). And my Atrix has never spontaneously rebooted.

11. My Atrix reboots randomly, it's done so about 10 times since I've had it.

Edit: Rebooted before and after I rooted to add a "Non Market" app that updated after I sideloaded it.

Completely random. It'll play a short song and then reboot and work normally.
    I've heard of many folks on other forums having this problem, don't know yet if I'll take it back for refund or exchange. I've had it less than 30 days. I sure like it but it's little idiosyncrasies like the spontaneous reboot, no Skype, are driving me crazy.

12. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member

Mine decided to spontaneously reboot itself this morning, first time it's done so.

13. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

1. No Idea I sync with my google account
    2. I have not found a setting
    3. White but its a "soft" white leaning to a warmer tone
    4. Never

14. kaisermac

kaisermac Lurker

My phone reboots and often. I have found that while using the car dock it will reboot when I am playing music, no specific song. Also while playing music through bluetooth it randomly reboots. I have also had problems with it freezing.....

15. Jp77

Jp77 Member

No reboots here. my bottom buttons dont look very yellowish to me. In fact they seem closer to white than cream. Not a fan of blur. I didnt like the way it updated facebook.

16. parise

parise Lurker

Me and my bf both bought atrixs on sunday and his buttons on the bottom are white and mine are more orange yellowish and I've been having problems is it possible that they made a different/better version?? His battery also lasts twice as long as mine if not longer.

17. fernandez21

fernandez21 Lurker

1. I haven't loaded on this phone
    2. Dont know
    3. Kinda like a beige color or off white, but not yellow.
    4. Not once.