• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions for the already updated

Hey guys and gals i was just wondering if the ota wiped out your contacts? and i wanted to know how i back my contacts up using gmail Thanks!

You'll find mixed reviews on that in these forums, Irish.

Mine stayed, all of them. Some are seeing some of them gone, others are seeing all of them gone.

I'm at a loss as to why the differences, only to guess that some may be losing "phone" contacts and not "google" contacts, or vice versa. :thinking:

Upvote 0
My wife's OTA wiped out her "phone" contacts; they never returned. Her "google" contacts re-synced successfully though.

Again, I wonder about the differences we're seeing wrt to that.

None of my contacts were touched at all; all data remained as it was in 1.5.

Changes were all having to do with the "scenes," they all vanished, however the elements of them remained, that is the wallpapers and lock screen backgrounds.

On a different subject altogether, the Market differences are vastly improved. I am not sure about the offerings yet, but the way it is formatted is excellent. I am not much of an app freak, only have a few, but it's good to see an attractive, intuitive almost professional looking utility like that turned out to be in 2.1.

Upvote 0
updated this morning, ALL of my contacts, apps, bookmarks, old texts and even call log remained intact after the update. Also all pics and music was left untouched. For my experience all the ballyhoo about backing up was just hype. I remained on 1.5 through all the leaks and that may possibly be why my transition was seemless (?) Loving the new experiences on 2.1 now though!!

Upvote 0
2.1 OTA.
All contacts and apps were the same as before the OTA.
Only thing I lost was contact ringtones (went to default), but I've put them back in.
Had a problem with ASTRO not working, uninstalled/reinstalled and now all is well.:)
I have noticed the phone slowing down a bit...thinkin' 2.1 is too much for our processor?
I think I'll give this ERIS to my wife and get an INCREDIBLE...what a deal...LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones