1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions from a Newbie about Rooted Phone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JuscallmeVee, Apr 13, 2012.

1. JuscallmeVee

JuscallmeVee Lurker

I bought an Inspire that was Rooted with a Custom ROM (?) (Android Version 4.0.3.0.2.0.1.0, Kernal Version 2.6.35.14 - aospX-Cheesecakeroot@linux #6) Because I do not know ANYTHING about this phone, I'm wondering how to go back to the stock Android System. I'm downloading the latest ROM (Gingerbread) from HTC as we speak, but will that do it with no problem or is there an additional step?

I'd like to keep the phone as is in fear I may mess it up, but I can't get MMS to send right (I have to send 2x's before it will send, then BOTH send), Plus The stock Camera App won't record Video (I've even DL several apps from the Market with no luck) I've seen in GooManager where I have Roms compatible, but was unsure if I should DL any of those...(GooManager has an update reminder popping up, but when I update, AFTER I DL completely, it says it's not compatible BTW)

Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if I'm repeating...TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Android Enthusiast

You have a couple of options. If you want the phone to be out-of-the-box stock and remove root, you can use the AAHK and the "Return to Stock" option. That will flash the stock HTC Sense/ATT rom and return the phone to S-ON state.

If you want to stay rooted and just want the stock HTC gingerbread ROM, you can just flash a rooted version of the ROM.

I can't remember for sure if you can run the HTC RUU on a rooted phone. Never tried it. If you can, that will most likely return to stock and S-ON.

3. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

4. Im4ever12c

Im4ever12c Lurker

rooting is a bad idea, your phone uld either be bricked to where its just a peice of plastic or coul?d void the warenty. now is it really worth it

5. ebritt

ebritt Newbie

Dude, try some decaffe!

6. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Its worth it.