1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Questions/Issues/Concerns with Stock IC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by icsammich, Jan 3, 2012.

1. icsammich

icsammich Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Here I am 3 weeks later and I have come to some issues I'd like others to verify.

I have both the stock and extended batteries and had an issue. Yesterday the stock battery died, but when I plugged it in today it said it had 47%. Has anyone had such an issue?

HBO Go does not work, Skype video is not there.

Most troubling is that the LED control is not built in to Googles own apps, which makes absolutely no sense.

I have yet to find a youtube video or setting that will allow me to watch in true 720/1080 on the entire screen. All videos are keeping the soft keys and I would appreciate someone explaining as I'm getting tired of the keys and border being larger than it should.

I have more, but hope some may have thoughts or suggestions. I'm not rooted and I'm holding out until Jan 15th return date on the phone.

I really love the phone and the improvements over my Droid X, but the fact that google has yet to improve its own services like Youtube, Calendar, Gmail is beyond frustrating.

Advertisement

2. icsammich

icsammich Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues. Especially the battery issue and full screen.

I understand the apps will come soon up, I'm mostly frustrated that google wouldn't have ics ready for their own software.

3. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
    I've had all of the YouTube videos I've watched use the whole screen. The buttons go away in a few seconds. In other apps that have video, the buttons don't always disappear, probably because the app hasn't been updated for ICS yet.

As for the batter drain, I haven't had that happen, but I also haven't been switching between the standard and extended battery. You might want to try charging the extended battery all the way and let it run down to 6-7% before charging again.

I agree with the LED notification issue, but Lightflow has been a great app for that. I also am big into customizing things, so I like that I can choose the color for the app.

4. icsammich

icsammich Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Agreed on light flow. The only app I've noticed so far to have it LED built in has been WhatsApp.

Appreciate the thoughts on battery and have done a full kill many times and this still occurs.

Did you change any settings on YouTube to get the softkeys to go away? Just curious. My softkeys turn to small dots, but that never goes away and the full height and width never take up all of the margins.

5. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
    Under Settings>General Settings I have High Quality on Mobile checked. That is the only setting I can think of that might make a difference.

6. andyandroid81891

andyandroid81891 Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    My dad's Gnex just had this battery issue. He claimed it died while using GPS. I turned it back on and it had 47% left. The battery graph showed a dramatic drop but it did not reach 0%. There was a vertical line directly up from the lowest point on the slope (15 or 20%) right up to 47%. I just chalked it up to bad battery stats from only having 2 charge cycles.

7. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    Skype works with video. I've used it several times.

Tags: