1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions on my S2 problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bilz, May 24, 2011.

1. Bilz

Bilz Lurker

Hello fellow S2 users.. I finally got S2 on Monday and enjoying it very much. It is an upgrade from iphone 1st gen (good bye iphone:D).

As you can see.. its a huge tech upgrade not forgetting ios to android.

I just have a few question.

1) Manage to run samsung kies once and notice my firmware is up to date and that was it, i couldn`t get it to work again.. it keeps getting stucked at loading phone. anyone have problems like me?

2) I believe i am still running on android 2.3.3. Has 2.3.4 out for galaxy s2?

[​IMG]

3) This is my first cycle after a full charge, i plan to drain an recharge a few times. Keep in mind stock phone with fb and email running. is this standard battery life?

[​IMG]

4) Rooting.. i am planing to root it for sure going to freeze so many bloatware cant wait for that! but.. i have been noticing samsung have been trying hard to improve user experience by patch bugs constantly... so should i just root it now or wait for more patches before rooting?

I haven been reading this forum xda and some blogs.. and notice either they are outdated or doesn`t have the answers to what i want. please feel free to ask me if i have to provide with more information.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. eclap

eclap Member

rooting takes a minute so I wouldn't exactly say it's not worth it everytime you upgrade your firmware. I just got the latest firmware and rooted, next time I update, I'll root again, no problem. your battery life looks good mate, I was chatting to a mate of mine today and he was on 15% after 6 hours on his 3gs so go figure.

Also, I don't know if you're on vodafone, but flashing to the latest KE7 firmware gets rid of all the vodafone bloatware already. Freezing apps after rooting is optional, I did it, got rid of all the Hubs and some other stuff I'll never use... But yeah, rooting doesn't take more than putting the kettle on so I would go for it now :)

3. Bilz

Bilz Lurker

thank you for the quick reply.

i live in america and had to import the phone from UK, running on atnt. the firmware and etc are what i got from opening the box.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews