• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions on the Epic

Eztripp

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Do you need virus protection and if so what is recommended?

Does anyone know how to increase the volume on the ring-tones and notifications to a level that they can be heard with the phone in your pocket driving down the road? I have never had such a quite phone and it irritates the crap out of me. ( I have everything on highest level in the phone I assure you, I need a way to increase it higher than the factory settings allow.)

Does anyone know if there is an antenna that can be mounted on the window to improve in house reception? I had Verizon and had no problem but with Sprint everyone has to go outside. I get a weak signal in my office.I bought one that turns out to be for mounting on a car and has a sticky that is suppose to be attached to the back of the phone, and I see no improvement with it, of course I have no idea where to stick it. ( No comments required there that aren't constructive,LOL)

Does anyone know if I can use Audacity on my Epic? And if I can which version? It doesn't have Windows , Linus and it sure isn't a Mac, so I am lost. I need to increase the volume on the ring tones and the notifications so I can hear them in the car or when the phone is in my pocket. Any ideas will be much appreciated. I am ready to return it for the EVO and I really would like not to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones