• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Questions on Updates/Update Releases Here) Official Motion 4G 10c/d/e/f Firmware

So I tried that nice CM that was put out today... then the screen wouldn't turn off (power button showed bootscreen), and then system settings showed bootscreen, then since powerbutton showed bootscreen I couldn't get into recovery thru reboot.
So I went back to flashing stock F with the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
This gives me boot loop.
I'm attaching the log file. The phone reboots at around:
00:08:00 : Step Complete : DSP Write
00:08:02 : 3GQCT : wParam = 13, lParam = 81
I've tried repeatedly, nothing changes! HELP!

Boot holding the pwer + vol down to do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
Sepero updated the torrents to download from a dedicated server. If you have the old torrents, the trackers update automatically with the dedicated server :)

Not sure exactly what you mean by this. Do you mean that he is seeding the torrents from a dedicated server? Or that the torrents are being tracked by a dedicated server? Or something else? If it's the first case, that's good but probably won't make too much difference since I've been seeding them from an extremely powerful seedbox in a data center (gigabit line) since they were created. I've uploaded a couple hundred gigabytes by this point.

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0
Not sure exactly what you mean by this. Do you mean that he is seeding the torrents from a dedicated server? Or that the torrents are being tracked by a dedicated server? Or something else? If it's the first case, that's good but probably won't make too much difference since I've been seeding them from an extremely powerful seedbox in a data center (gigabit line) since they were created. I've uploaded a couple hundred gigabytes by this point.

I did not know that, I'll add you to credit :)

And the torrent downloads the file from a server it was uploaded too that is not seeding. Basically a direct download link injected into a torrent. Ask Sepero cause I can't explain it any more than that. I don't know much about torrents other than opening them :p

Upvote 0
I cant get out of bootloop after process...

pull battery, replace, power+vol down just shuts the phone off (lg logo appears, then screen goes off/ power is off)
no option for hard reset.

this is while I'm trying to flash version c. Came from F. I reflashed F yesterday with no issues. Guess I'll try F again.

***update*** f firmware flashed fine and i can hard reset from bootloop. How can I hard reset to get out of bootloop using C firmware?

Upvote 0
I cant get out of bootloop after process...

pull battery, replace, power+vol down just shuts the phone off (lg logo appears, then screen goes off/ power is off)
no option for hard reset.

this is while I'm trying to flash version c. Came from F. I reflashed F yesterday with no issues. Guess I'll try F again.

***update*** f firmware flashed fine and i can hard reset from bootloop. How can I hard reset to get out of bootloop using C firmware?

You don't hard reset when the phone is on.
You power off, then hit volume down and power button.

Upvote 0
You don't hard reset when the phone is on.
You power off, then hit volume down and power button.

That's what I did, sorry to convey the wrong image. After I reflashed f then came back to C yet again, it booted itself at 80%... Only to have bobz's build flash f over it, Dammit. Any idea of how I can keep c firmware?

Upvote 0
when i use kdz it is telling me that my phone is not found can someone help
Did you install the drivers correctly? How about msxml? (I think that's what is called). In my sisters desktop PC I couldn't get the app to recognize the device even after reinstalling all the necessary programs, but things went smooth as silk on my mom's laptop. I couldn't figure out the difference in what each was running, so other than double or triple checking to make sure all necessary programs are correctly installed, I don't have a better solution. Sorry, friend...

Upvote 0
That's what I did, sorry to convey the wrong image. After I reflashed f then came back to C yet again, it booted itself at 80%... Only to have bobz's build flash f over it, Dammit. Any idea of how I can keep c firmware?

ms770_motion_ver-c_aboot.img.zip

ver_c_kernel_ms770_motion.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7rxb88nitvucag/VerC_Modem.zip

when i get a chance i'm going to make aroma installer for all the firmwares so you can just flash them instead of unbricking to change firmware.

Reactions: hammerdroid
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
WrXhU5m.png

9vG4ITN.png

ULdGWPK.png

Is it the SuperSU application that causes it to be detected, or is it applications that I froze, that once removed, result in a MorningCall error?

Upvote 0
When I did it, it was the applications. I just reflashed updated firmware. I believe the latest is firmware F
I see, since I could not follow the directions on here due to technical problems, I simply went ahead, bricked the phone intentionally, and upgraded via the Software Update application.

I have both of my LG MS770s on the F version of the firmware.

What I found strange this time around, was that removal of a few applications did not cause it to turn into a building material, something with the removal of two Google applications...oh well. Thank you.

Upvote 0
I see, since I could not follow the directions on here due to technical problems, I simply went ahead, bricked the phone intentionally, and upgraded via the Software Update application.

I have both of my LG MS770s on the F version of the firmware.

What I found strange this time around, was that removal of a few applications did not cause it to turn into a building material, something with the removal of two Google applications...oh well. Thank you.

There's a guide saying which apps are safe to delete. Look at the all things root sticky for it...should say safe apps to delete.

Upvote 0
There's a guide saying which apps are safe to delete. Look at the all things root sticky for it...should say safe apps to delete.
It did sammyz, unfortunately, I am a ditz, and subsequently forced to learn what I did wrong, the hard way. (Thank you for the unbrick guide by the way.)

However, 'intentionally' bricking it to use your guide was easier said than done. I removed some applications that were posted NOT to remove, and the phone still booted. I place my finger on those two Google applications, Google Books and Google Magazines, for when I removed them, MorningCall came around. At the end of the day however, I'm on the latest firmware, rerooted and not left with dead weight.

I wonder if there will be a G, or is the MS770s done?

Edit: My 500th post and I am a senior member? Lies!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones