• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions/Quirks ?

I believe there's a known issue with Verizon's glass screen protectors. They are way too thick and having a negative affect on touch sensitivity. From the posts I've read Verizon is accepting returns and giving refunds for them.

I've got that screen protector and it is annoying for sure. I was going to swap mine but if I can get a refund...that's a bonus! Do you have a link to an official post about that? I couldn't find one. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Update: I called VZW and they didn't really confirm a widespread problem with the screen protector but they did put a $25 credit on my account. Also, through our conversation the rep told me about a 15% discount for being a veteran. I never knew about that and is better than the 8% discount I was getting because of my corporate affiliation. Cool :)

Upvote 0
One thing to keep in mind with "knock" is it has the screen proximity feature on until you enter the code. If you have your hand near the top of the phone the screen will turn right back off.

I think it is to reduce "accidently" double taps from waking the phone up and reducing battery time. Like if it in your pocket.

Upvote 0
Are you able to add more sounds for notifications?

In the Gmail app for example, you are able to set the notification sound .... but, even though I have copied more sound files to the phone (I can see them in the WhatsApp application and select it), I don't seem to be able to see them in the GMail app or some other apps, such as hangouts or facebook

Is this possible?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones