1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions re: 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MyUsernameRox, Apr 10, 2012.

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast

I plan on getting an Esteem soon. My current device is an Optimus.

I'd like to know, which is faster? 4g on the esteem, or wifi?

Also when not using the 4g, does it drop back into 1x as default mode, or "3g?"

I'm particularly concerned on the last issue, "3g" coverage in my area of Orange County, CA is so spotty and inconsistent that I have my phone set on CDMA only because it's actually faster that way.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

ok depending on your wifi speeds your wifi should be faster. 4g is probably gonna be anywhere from 1mbps dl to 4 or 5 mbps dl and probably .5mbps up to 2mbps up. as far as 3g goes you probably will have the same issues you have with your optimus as 3g will still be spotty. i think you you can set an option for lte/cdma auto under the secret menu probably like you did with your optimus. i use lte for thunderbolt or something like that.

3. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

WiFi is always faster:D
    Usually leave my WiFi setting on and it seamlessly switches back and forth between 4G and WiFi depending on my location. Very rare that 3G has appeared on my Esteem. Have never seen 1x ever on the phone.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews