1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

questions re MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdb, Nov 19, 2009.

1. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I have sent my wife a couple of pictures via text and she says they will not open on her end. The app asks me to auto-resize because the file is too large, I hit yes and it seems to send on my end. Any thoughts on why she would not get them? I have used both the pre-installed app and handcent.
    Also, when I use the pre-installed app to send a MMS, a small dialouge box comes up saying "Charges will be applied"...I already pay for a texting plan, is that just auto-generated regardless, or is there something I do not know about my plan?

Advertisement

2. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I had the same problem with a picture my wife sent me from her Eris. Both of us have Handcent and I couldn't open the picture on my phone. I had a box that said download, but it would just fail each time I tried.

She just sent it via gmail, but it would have been nice if it worked.

3. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    my wife uses the pre-installed app, but I don't think that has anything to do with it...I sent the same pic to myself and I recieved it. Is there some sort of settings I'm not seeing that the phone might have to not recieve large files or something?

4. Generally Cell companies have limits on file sizes, don't quote me on but when I was with ATT I wanna say it was between 300-600kb per message. Verizon could be more or less. But could easily be the attributing factor you guys are coming across.

5. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

Nov 5, 2009
    The one I had trouble with said 30k.

6. Verizon's appears to be between 300-350. So you're definitely in the clear there if you're only sending 30. Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.

7. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Quality Control
    Moreno Valley
    Not true is base on the phone you got. From what I have tested it can send 700-800 but if its a ringtone is smaller under 500. My last phone Touch Pro 2 could do up to 1.2 mb.