• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions regarding usablity

Hello Guys,

I have a few questions, and anybody using Spica please be frank about it....

1) If there is no multi-touch then how is zooming handled???

2) Can the apps be stored in the Memcard or just the 180MB internal memory:mad:????

3) (For people from India) Is GPS available in Indian version of Spica or is it stripped down??? (I didn't find it mentioned on Samsung's official site) (This is important)

4) Is using GPS smooth and convenient or crappy?

5) How idiotic is the screen in sunlight as it ain't AMOLED? (Not much worries about this one)

Thanks in advance..

Hello Guys,

I have a few questions, and anybody using Spica please be frank about it....

1) If there is no multi-touch then how is zooming handled???
Double tap screen. (by the way multi-touch or pinch is copyright Apple. That's why it's not implenented.)

2) Can the apps be stored in the Memcard or just the 180MB internal memory:mad:????
Yes can be stored on SD card. You will need to "root" your phone, repartition the SD card to have FAT & Ext2, and run an app called Apps2SD. (You did ask)

3) (For people from India) Is GPS available in Indian version of Spica or is it stripped down??? (I didn't find it mentioned on Samsung's official site) (This is important)
GPS should be global.

4) Is using GPS smooth and convenient or crappy?
Once signal has been received, works perfectly fine.

[
5) How idiotic is the screen in sunlight as it ain't AMOLED? (Not much worries about this one)
You can up the brightness when outdoors, but it can still be hard to read. Don't expect to watch a movie, or read a lot in direct sunlight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones