• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions you would like answered.

YES

I was off by 3 days but thats okay, I'll take any date at this point. lol

TS

Let's see what happens. When the SGS 3 was announced, pre-orders started the following day, 6/21, after the official event in New York on June 20. That said, we all know that the pre-orders were delayed for an "official" release the following weekend (for Sprint). I believe there was a shortage at ATT also. Verizon release was delayed by a week or so, after ATT and Sprint. I honestly can't remember what T-Mobile did.

So, if we're going on how things turned out with the SGS 3 releases, I'd say pre-orders start reaching customers around 11/2, along with pre-order pickup in stores. Then, possibly, a general release on that Sunday (11/4), with or without pre-order. That's just my guess for Sprint.

Upvote 0
YES IT'S SO SOON!!!.... oh wait, crap, I have to wait for my tax return before I can buy this. Damn family and holidays...

For the first time ever, I'm actually happy that I filed an extension for my tax return! Should be perfect timing for me to pick up both the Note 2 AND a Slate tablet.

And to think, this is all going to be around my birthday, so the justification for treating myself to a birthday gift is there!...hahahaha.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, interesting that they say that despite the 3100mah battery, the Note 2 still required a daily charge (1:15-1:19 mark)
Samsung Galaxy Note II Review - Dialaphone - YouTube

Thing is, they didn't mention what functions they were actually able to accomplish throughout an entire days worth of use.

The blog on the dialaphone website says
Although the numbers look impressive on paper, we found that during our tests a daily charge was still required with moderate to heavy use. That said, with lighter use it would be reasonable to expect two days battery life from the Note II without too much trouble.
So maybe it's not too bad.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
If the Note 1 is any indication, that would mean (to me) Emails, twitter, web browsing, playing a movie, youtube. and thats not even touching the S-pen stuff.

I currently have my Note on charge all day at work or in the car. In the weekends when I am no where near a charge, if I do not take it easy I'll be dead in about 5 hours. The new note is going to make me online even more.

TS

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
If the Note 1 is any indication, that would mean (to me) Emails, twitter, web browsing, playing a movie, youtube. and thats not even touching the S-pen stuff.

I currently have my Note on charge all day at work or in the car. In the weekends when I am no where near a charge, if I do not take it easy I'll be dead in about 5 hours. The new note is going to make me online even more.

TS

Thanks, ts. Sounds like there won't be much change from the Photon, although maybe slightly better since the battery is almost double the size.

Upvote 0
If thats the case then i'll still have to carry a spare battery, upsetting but i'll deal with it...or find ways to squeeze more time out of the batteries

I plan on getting a separate battery charger w/ an additional battery anyway, but it is a little disappointing. Then again, my idea/concept of medium use may not be close to what the reviewers think is "medium" use.

Upvote 0
While I know people here are excited about this do you really think (in the US at least) there will be that much demand that they will be tough to get?

I really don't see the Note 2 having such broad appeal that pre-ordering will be necessary to get one the day it comes out. I may be wrong but at this size it really seems to be targeted at a niche market (needing huge phone) or hard core tech enthusiasts.

Upvote 0
While I know people here are excited about this do you really think (in the US at least) there will be that much demand that they will be tough to get?

I really don't see the Note 2 having such broad appeal that pre-ordering will be necessary to get one the day it comes out. I may be wrong but at this size it really seems to be targeted at a niche market (needing huge phone) or hard core tech enthusiasts.

I think your right, but the original Note had a good demand. I think it will do well, but you probably won't need to pre-order (unless you hate carrier sales reps and try to avoid the stores like a hipster avoids red meat).

Upvote 0

I always pre-order, when I decide on a phone upgrade.

Upvote 0
apparently the device in the offical UK store has the different internal storage capacities available:

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 available day early from branded store in UK | Android Central

Called today, they said to call on Sunday after they get their stock and receive all details as to whether or not the 32GB/64GB will be available on release date. We'll see on Sunday. Also hope that O2 will stock the 32GB Titanium Grey, and if they don't have it, that they'll at least have pricing so i can order it and just wait a couple of weeks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones