• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions you would like answered.

We know Sprints variant of the Note 2 is SPH-L900. Yet a few min ago I came across this. Specs leak of Samsung SPH-P500, an Android 4.0 tablet headed to Sprint.

But then they add (3rd paragraph dated 10/3/12) that SPH-P500 is Sprints Note 2. :thinking:

Okay, here’s even more. Apart form the Wi-Fi certificate and Antutu Benchmark listing, there is a Bluetooth SIG listing too, which also categorises the SPH-P500 as mobile tablet, so in case you still had doubt about the SPH-P500 being Sprint’s Galaxy Note 2 (since we didn’t see one for Sprint when other 3 variants passed through FCC), it should be settled now. Further, as per Wi-Fi certificate, it is compatible with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n only, while the compatibility of Galaxy Note is, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n.

Are they getting their phones/tablets mixed up?

Source: TheAndroidSoul

Upvote 0

The endurance rating of the Samsung Galaxy Note II came out as 73 hours or just over three full days. This is how long you can go without charging the device assuming your usage is an hour of calling on a 3G network, browsing the web for another hour then watching an hour of video each day.

Wonder what the endurance rating would be for someone who actually uses the hell out of their phone. An hr of this and an hr of that makes having this type of phone worthless if all you're going to do is spend most of your time lO_Oking at it.

Upvote 0

I'm curious what the LTE radio will do to these numbers... Hopefully it gets the MDM9615 for better battery life and multiple 700MHz band support (would make sense since it is coming to VZW and ATT as LTE). If it happened to get a third gen MDM9625 chip, I would nut myself (highly unlikely since Qualcomm is just now starting to sample those chips).

Upvote 0
As much as I do not like John Biggs write-ups, I do have to give the man credit for foreseeing the fiasco that Notion Ink was. But that's for another thread to discuss. :)

But this article he wrote recently was quite interesting and sheds light on the process of how certain online reviewers are able to spit out reviews. Reviews that are detailed and distributed almost at the point of the devices deployment date.

This leads me to believe that with the NYC Oct 24 event fast approaching us, (19 days from now), I wouldn't doubt that the media will be getting the US versions of the Note 2 in their hands a week or two earlier to start their long lengthy reviews on it.

Some tidbits may be leaked, maybe not, but on Oct 24th, Deployment date, I am sure we will see reviews that lead you wondering how they got to test it so thoroughly and so fast on the same day.

As for the battery time length and LTE, Samsung has tweaked it that we all may be surprised.

TS

Upvote 0
As much as I do not like John Biggs write-ups, I do have to give the man credit for foreseeing the fiasco that Notion Ink was. But that's for another thread to discuss. :)

But this article he wrote recently was quite interesting and sheds light on the process of how certain online reviewers are able to spit out reviews. Reviews that are detailed and distributed almost at the point of the devices deployment date.

This leads me to believe that with the NYC Oct 24 event fast approaching us, (19 days from now), I wouldn't doubt that the media will be getting the US versions of the Note 2 in their hands a week or two earlier to start their long lengthy reviews on it.

Some tidbits may be leaked, maybe not, but on Oct 24th, Deployment date, I am sure we will see reviews that lead you wondering how they got to test it so thoroughly and so fast on the same day.

As for the battery time length and LTE, Samsung has tweaked it that we all may be surprised.

TS

I hope it's a welcome surprise

Upvote 0
We know Sprints variant of the Note 2 is SPH-L900. Yet a few min ago I came across this. Specs leak of Samsung SPH-P500, an Android 4.0 tablet headed to Sprint.

But then they add (3rd paragraph dated 10/3/12) that SPH-P500 is Sprints Note 2. :thinking:

Are they getting their phones/tablets mixed up?

Source: TheAndroidSoul

They didn't do their research properly and are mixing up the Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900) and the Tablets that made it through the FCC:

Sprint’s Galaxy Note 2 and Pair of 4G LTE Equipped Galaxy Tab 2 10.1′s Appear At The FCC

The Phandroid article clearly references the SPH-P500 as a possible Tab 2 10.1 w/ LTE (although, how cool would that be if it ended up being a Note 10.1 w/ LTE). I guess I should update the upcoming device list w/ this one.

Upvote 0

Wow, that's still amazing to me! The part I love best is where they talk about the stock video player, in which they claim that it played "...every file we threw at it..."! Even though I love Mobo Player, if all my files play with the stock player (which I have yet to see a stock player play all of my old video files)...I won't need Mobo anymore.

Upvote 0
Multi-tasking demo'd:
Galaxy Note 2 MultiTasking Demo and Review - YouTube

My question is, every single demonstration has shown this in portrait mode. I want to know if it'll work in landscape.

-EDIT- Nevermind, just found another video where at the end (1:35/1:36 mark), when the guy rotates the phone, it orients into landscape (side by side) and the video is still going!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9Weff15fM

Awesome!!!

Even better, Android Central did one (1:30 mark, demonstrates landscape)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6c7XaDWmJg

Upvote 0
Live wallpapers look amazing on this thing.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Livewallpapers + Static Wallpapers - YouTube
This guy cracks me up, commenting about the sounds of the water...cuz I completely agree.

And I may, for the first time, actually start using the LINK Google Play Store: animGIF Live Wallpaper or the LINK Google Play Store: Video Live Wallpaper

The hardest thing is actually finding HD quality Gif's. Videos, it's no problem, but that live wallpaper definitely drained more battery (even the the Note 2 would handle it like a champ).

Upvote 0
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-nexus-fcc-120318/

If this is the LG Nexus, then it's more likely the Nexus will just be available through Google Play as an unlocked device, rather than to any specific carrier right now.

That means, the ATT version that was shown off is likely the same exact device Sprint is getting for the Optimus G, except supposedly the 13mp camera.

Upvote 0

Did you read the pissed off replies?

It is expected that Samsung will start selling the phablet Note 2 from 28th of October.

We all know it'll be after the 28th and her article didn't give anything definite which has her readers very upset. It's pretty much filled with everything we already know/heard regarding the Note 2. I would love if the 28th was a concrete date and not more speculation or wishful thinking.

Upvote 0
Did you read the pissed off replies?

We all know it'll be after the 28th and her article didn't give anything definite which has her readers very upset. It's pretty much filled with everything we already know/heard regarding the Note 2. I would love if the 28th was a concrete date and not more speculation or wishful thinking.

I commented on that and was first post and said something along the lines of where is a source for the release date and it was deleted :(

Upvote 0
While I'm 99% sure I'll be ditching my gs3 for the note 2, all these nexus rumors are starting to sway me a little. Now that Motorola is rumored to possibly be working on a nexus, will anyone here pass on the note if a nexus device is released with say a 5.3 inch screen? There hasn't been any rumors to support this as of yet, but if there really are multiple manufacturers working on nexus phones, you would think one of them would be going big with the screen.

Upvote 0
While I'm 99% sure I'll be ditching my gs3 for the note 2, all these nexus rumors are starting to sway me a little. Now that Motorola is rumored to possibly be working on a nexus, will anyone here pass on the note if a nexus device is released with say a 5.3 inch screen? There hasn't been any rumors to support this as of yet, but if there really are multiple manufacturers working on nexus phones, you would think one of them would be going big with the screen.
Nope, not I. I am done with Motorola. Locked bootloaders, no webtop, and the list goes on and on.

Like I said in another thread, if and when they get their crap together in the future, I may revisit them, but for now they lost their touch, lost their innovation, and lost my trust in broken promises. Its sad since they were a great home based company, but its a little to late.

TS

Upvote 0

Guaranteed not to have a larger than 5" screen. They said that Nexus phones would have to follow strict guidelines. Like no SD card, no capacitive buttons, etc. One has got to be screen size. Most likely gonna stay around 4.5-5" and don't see anyone going any further than that honestly (if it did I would be shocked)

Upvote 0
I commented on that and was first post and said something along the lines of where is a source for the release date and it was deleted :(
This doesn't surprise me. The minute you asked for source was damn near a given your post wouldn't remain for the rest of us to see and ask the same thing.

Oh hell NO! Never been interested in a Nexus because it lacks what I need and the "pure vanilla experience" isn't it.

Nope, not I. I am done with Motorola. Locked bootloaders, no webtop, and the list goes on and on.

Like I said in another thread, if and when they get their crap together in the future, I may revisit them, but for now they lost their touch, lost their innovation, and lost my trust in broken promises. Its sad since they were a great home based company, but its a little to late.

TS
^^ What he said!!!

Upvote 0

TS

I just meant that to be more of an example of other companies also working on nexus devices and not just LG. I would only take a good look at a nexus device if it were over 5" because i didn't like the soft keys constantly taking up space on my galaxy nexus. And I would highly doubt there are size parameters to the supposed nexus program or these manufacturers would all be making basically the same phone which wouldn't make sense, and there's already a 7" nexus device on the market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones