• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions you would like answered.

As with past devices, I might have the chance to see, touch and play with the Note 2 well before release.

Just as I did with previous devices I wanted to get input on questions to ask.

This opportunity has nothing to do with my employment at Sprint. Any information obtained is obtained outside of my employment with Sprint.

Rules apply. Basically no pics, non disclosure etc etc

Ask away

I'm curious with what I saw in the commercial where they have apps that can edit photo's like the one with the cake and how they added a ribbon. Are all apps used in the commercial included with the phone?

The way I see flagship is a phone that launches first of it's kind.
Note 1 = Flagship
Note 2 = Sucessor

If I'm wrong, someone.....anyone (whose absolutely sure) please tell me.

Flagship actually means the 'top of the line' or best model a certain manufacturer produces.

"BMW's flagship is the 760 Li"

Upvote 0
I just meant that to be more of an example of other companies also working on nexus devices and not just LG. I would only take a good look at a nexus device if it were over 5" because i didn't like the soft keys constantly taking up space on my galaxy nexus. And I would highly doubt there are size parameters to the supposed nexus program or these manufacturers would all be making basically the same phone which wouldn't make sense, and there's already a 7" nexus device on the market

Personally, any Nexus device be it 4-5 or 7 inch version, to me is quite limited.
Yes, it may get updates much faster and are pure android, but other than that, it is in my opinion that not the best that android can offer. Each and every time a Nexus device is spit out, there are other devices that put it to shame.
More memory, sd card etc etc. And it doesn't matter who puts it out.

Then you get into the OS enhancements that some swear they dislike. Like Sense, Touchwiz etc, but there are certain enhancements/features that won't work it work if you strip away the Carrier or manufacturers enhancements such as S-Pen apps, 4G, etc.

Granted, I would like for the enhancements or add-ons to be separate thus allowing the user to remove them if they want without disabling the other functions.

But as it it now, no Nexus device can compete with the newer devices coming out.

TS

Upvote 0
@TS THANKS so much for your post over in the community forums. I'm beyond tired of seeing the same link that confirms nothing. People keep reposting it like it contains concrete info regarding an exact release date.

@Caloy I'd like to thank you for scaring the hell out of me. :p
I was reading your post and the eyes blinked on your avatar and I practically jumped across the other side of my bedroom.

Upvote 0
@TS THANKS so much for your post over in the community forums. I'm beyond tired of seeing the same link that confirms nothing. People keep reposting it like it contains concrete info regarding an exact release date.

@Caloy I'd like to thank you for scaring the hell out of me. :p
I was reading your post and the eyes blinked on your avatar and I practically jumped across the other side of my bedroom.

I'm not sure why, but I get that effect on people. :p

Upvote 0

We all know it'll be after the 28th and her article didn't give anything definite which has her readers very upset. It's pretty much filled with everything we already know/heard regarding the Note 2. I would love if the 28th was a concrete date and not more speculation or wishful thinking.

Ok, finally, an article that actually shows proof of a date. The previous articles kept saying Oct 28, here we have an actual leak showing Oct 24th for T-Mobile. The others can't be too far behind (if not that same date). But with the event being held at 7PM, I wonder if it will be only web orders after that time.

TS

Upvote 0
Oh, wow, just saw the coolest thing ever while reading through my tweets. Samsung made an interactive app guide for Note 2 owners. Strangely enough, it actually isn't restricted to the note 2 cuz it said i could download on my photon, but wanted to share on here for those that have the note 1 and can verify if there are s-pen specific interactions that wouldn't work with a regular phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.co.samsung.note_2

Upvote 0
So I've just been presented with an interesting opportunity, and I would like to get some community feedback. A friend of mine keeps phones forever, and apparently he has accrued 3 upgrades. He used one recently to get a RAZR M (upgraded from an old feature phone) and has 2 left. I'm thinking of using one of his upgrades to get my Note II. I'm wondering if I should get it as soon as it comes out or wait a little because Samsung seems to like to stager features like color and internal storage. I had already resigned myself to getting the phone in Feb after my tax return arrives, so waiting won't be a killer. I am, however, drooling whenever I read a review. So what say you interwebz... pull the trigger on release day or bide my time waiting for additional options, root, leaked bootloader, etc.

Upvote 0
Very good question considering the upgrade opportunity you have available to you.

hmmm lets see. If you are not going to root your device, then wait to get the higher storage versions. The issue is no one knows when those versions will be available if at all. It could be soon or as history has shown, much further down the line.

If you do root, then there is a script over at xda-developers that allows you to swap the internal storage (16) for the external one. Thus if you get a 64GB sdcard and do the script you basically have a 64 internal Note 2 at the 16 GB price. (Unless you want both 64 internal and 64 external, then the script wouldn't matter).

I know how you are feeling because i too would like to get the Note on day 1 but also want the 32 or 64 GB version. I also could wait but every review and video is killing me.

TS

Upvote 0
If you do root, then there is a script over at xda-developers that allows you to swap the internal storage (16) for the external one. Thus if you get a 64GB sdcard and do the script you basically have a 64 internal Note 2 at the 16 GB price. (Unless you want both 64 internal and 64 external, then the script wouldn't matter).

I know how you are feeling because i too would like to get the Note on day 1 but also want the 32 or 64 GB version. I also could wait but every review and video is killing me.

TS

What does this script do with the internal storage? Is it usable?

Upvote 0
Very good question considering the upgrade opportunity you have available to you.

hmmm lets see. If you are not going to root your device, then wait to get the higher storage versions. The issue is no one knows when those versions will be available if at all. It could be soon or as history has shown, much further down the line.

TS

Will definately root and mod (maybe not an AOSP rom, but definately something customized). That script sounds interesting, but I would be concerned about the IO latency. If all storage references are switched, then I would think that all file IO would suffer and cause the phone to lag. Do you have a link?

Upvote 0

TS

At least we're only 2 weeks away from the 24th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones