1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Idunno, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast

Wired Tether not working (velocity)
    Been playing around with Velocity 1.0 for nearly two days straight now, I have worked out all my personal issues and the only thing left is wired tether. I have used the LG mobile update tool to download the latest USB drivers:

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA22_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.2

LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0

LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0

I have installed/unintalled them in various orders, with and without the phone connected... and still no results.

I can mount for file transfer just fine, but when I fire up wired tether and start tethering I get the install hardware wizard looking for drivers for "LG android USB device". Upon further examination of the device manager I have 2 such devices that have issues (yellow !). Then when I stop tethering it goes back to normal, the two "LG android USB device"s disappear and I can mount without issue.

I have also tried tether before mount, and tether after mount with no results.

Does anybody know what is going on / have any suggestions? Please and thank you in advance.

Side note: Since I'm pretty sure the dev's are going to look at this at some point I just want to say thanks for the awesome rom and as soon as I'm not broke I will thank you properly with due donations.

Increasing maximum speaker volume?
    I was curious if it is at all possible (either now or in future roms/apps) to increase the maximum speaker volume on our phones... for example when listening to music. I'm not talking window shattering volume, just some extra decibels to further enhance the listening experience.

If we can overclock our CPUs it seems that we should be able to squeeze some extra sound out of our speakers. Then again I don't even pretend to understand firmware/kernels/scripts or even linux for that matter so I'm asking anyone who does if this can be done.

Why are my quad scores so low?
    My best was 903 and that was fresh install of Velocity 1.0 @ 787 mhz.

Now I restored my apps (only a few) and removed all the bloatware so you'd think it would balance out. Now i'm 519-540... I don't get it, why the sudden and DRASTIC drop?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dots

dots Android Expert

k.c.cole likes this.
  3. d0nd0n

d0nd0n Member

Listen to dots.

4. txdude522

txdude522 Lurker

Had the same problem I got mine to work by searching google for " ndis internet sharing device drivers". I clicked the first link (to xda forums I think ) and downloaded the zip file from the first post .

After dling and unzipping to desktop,I just deleted both unknown devices in device manager,unplugged usb and plugged back in. When windows asks for the driver ,point it to the folder you unzipped to the desktop.

Hope this works for you as well.

5. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Android Enthusiast

Xp doesnt have the rndis driver needed. Xp user will need to install microsoft active sync 4.5 and those drivers from xda.

6. chevyrado14

chevyrado14 Well-Known Member

you can also update to xp sp3 and it will work it did for me

7. swc2001

swc2001 Android Expert

Is there anyway that we can get this version of Wired Tether to work on 2.1 eclair?

My wifes phone is still on 2.1 and she doesnt want to switch to 2.2 froyo.
    She uses Wireless Tether Which use to work AWESOME... but now it works like poo because Verizon is purposefully slowing down the Network when it sees mass data being pulled.
    My source for this was News Radio 740 KTRH

8. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert

Personally, I didn't install any drivers to get it to work. I think it just used whatever drivers I used for updating to 2.2.1

9. swc2001

swc2001 Android Expert

It doesnt work on Frunisher. I also Want GetItNowMarketings Version from Velocity.

At Least with this version Of Wired Tether when Verizon cuts you all you have to do is Turn it off then back on and your back on track.

I am getting sick of Verizon pullin stunts like this. :mad:

10. Idunno

Installed the NDIS drivers and now it works. In fact I am posting this using the tether.

correct drivers - 1
    me - 0

11. blackclouds

blackclouds Newbie

i like the mixing player for the EQ, but i don't know if the gain makes the phone get any louder.
    i feel like it is louder with my settings.

12. BOSSDS1

BOSSDS1 Newbie

try power amp app. and when you play a song go to the PRE button and change it to PHONE SPEAKER (LOUD) it works for me, plays louder.

[​IMG]

13. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast

Now THAT 'S FUNNY!!!

14. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Android Enthusiast

Does this also work for headphones/earphones

15. BOSSDS1

BOSSDS1 Newbie

yes it does

16. yohobojo

yohobojo Android Enthusiast

U have to get quadrant advanced. The standard version is bs.

th1969 likes this.
  17. th1969

th1969 Newbie

Hey that is right. i just got the Quadrant Advanced and ran a benchmark.
    I came up second from top. excellent

18. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

The Standard Version actually gives more realistic results lol

19. qwerty1

qwerty1 Newbie

You might try setting the governor to performance.

20. Trident

Trident Android Expert

Multiple threads merged.

21. Idunno

My score was lower using advanced.

my score WAS good, then magically one reset and move some apps around and bam my score dropped to half of what it was. I see everyone else gets like 800-900, whats the deal with my phone? Its pretty much bare bones with a few functional apps, and I habitually kill background tasks.

22. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I am having the same problem as you Idunno. My score use to kick droid x ass but i am right below nexus now. We got to find a way to fix it

23. dots

dots Android Expert

May i ask why Quadrant scroes matter so much?

24. Idunno

I was under the impression that they matter... like an overall rating of the phones performance and such. Or does it really not? I just go by what I see in different posts.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

To make me feel like my phones wasnt 50 dollars :)

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews