1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Y3TZ, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Y3TZ

Y3TZ Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Got the Bionic and I am enjoying it so far. Couple of questions for people who have had and Android longer than I have, which is for 4 days now.

1. For the first day after setting up the WiFi, the data widget would say something like "wifi connected" but now shows how much data is/has been used. Is that ok or is it not connecting in a way that we are not using data?

2. What are some settings that the more advanced users know about? I want to keep the system clean and performance high while adding apps/widgets that are safe. Should I force stop apps? Delete items that came with the phone?

Thank you for your time and answers.

Advertisement

2. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    1) To use the normal MyVerizon app, if you are on Wi-fi you have to log into you acct. to view your info, not too sure about the widget. But, since you are on Wi-fi you are not using any data from VZW.

2) You cannot "delete" much of what came on the phone. I dont reccommend "deleting" anything, espically if stock. And no, do not force close apps, the andorid system can manange most of that on its own. I also DO NOT advise using a task killer.....just my opinion.
    I do however reccommend a reboot/restart every few days, just like on a computer :)

Let us know if you want/need anymore info!