• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick Boot on my phone but I never installed it

GrenW

Android Expert
Apr 16, 2010
Finally got round to rooting my N5 yesterday. Used SuperSU and and flashed TWRP recovery.

Whilst looking through my app drawer I noticed and app called "Quick Boot". Which I'd not installed. Looking through the file details using Solid Explorer it had an install date of 1st August 2008.

So I'm wondering where it came from. It looks legit and not malicious (just gives the options to reboot to recovery etc) so I'm assuming it was installed when I rooted.

I also installed Flashify and Franco kernel Updater at the same time. Busybox installer also came with the rooting.

Any thoughts where it came from?

Some root apps/tools often get installed when rooting and flashing SuperSU or a custom ROM. I think it's because they come in very handy, particularly ones like Quick Boot, or they might be required by other apps such as Busybox is needed by Nandroid as far as I know so that might be why it comes pre-loaded with the ROM.

Quick Boot didn't randomly appear when I rooted but I did go and find it and install it manually.

When I rooted my SGS2 and put NeatROM on it, it came with 2 or 3 root apps/tools. Sure it's nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0
Thanks - am not that worried as all looks fine. I know it appeared in between 2 Titanium batch backups (it appear on non-backed up list) so it happened when I was installing other stuff.

No custom rom as yet so my money is on SuperSU or TWRP. The 'false' installation date suggests it was flashed rather than installed from the play store or another store app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones