• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Cache Question..

deanshep85

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2010
UK
in the last day I've noticed the 40MB cache has dropped to 17.7MB when only a few days ago it was around the 38MB mark...

is there anyway to clean this? I've tried 1click cache cleaner but that only cleans a 1MB at most and I dont think its cleaning *THAT* cache anyway...

sorry to sound like a bit of a newbie here...but the cache searching I did just kept coming up with use said program above :thinking:

is it major? I mean im down to 16.8MB now and I've even uninstalled a few things?

im not going to format it....I just want to know why it could be going down etc and if it goes further will it affect the phone?

believe me I trust your word dan when you say something like "im not sure why you would need to" lol...just wanna know why it is how it is..

Upvote 0
It's nothing to do with apps or app cache.

The cache partition may be used if you're running intensive games etc.

All cache is, are files etc that are cached for easy and quick access. If it fills up, the less used stuff will drop off the end so it can fill up some more.

Basically forget it exists

cheers dan, that was the answer I *THOUGHT* I would get....just checking, I mean im picking up lil bits here an there from you and the others but always worth just running by an experiance 'droid handler before I do something stupid lol

now I know what it is...I will promptly ignore it now lol

Upvote 0
hahah "Experienced"! Wouldn't say I am that. I'm new to it. Only been on Android since May.

well to be fair thats many more months than me, plus you understand the more inner workings etc...I dont..

hell till late october I was a nokia man and playing around with hacking and custom cooking the firmware on a 5800....and melting it from the inside out at times lol..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones