• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Camera Access w/Nova Launcher Installed?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
I want tb able to whip out my Galaxy Note - whose screen would be locked at that moment; make a gesture, push something, or whatever... and have the camera open and available for use.

One continuous motion.... whip it out and *Click!*.

Or am I just wishing?

(I think I see something if TouchWiz were my launcher... but it's not and I don't want to change from Nova...)

Use WidgetLocker for your lockscreen...
Settings > Security > Lock screen wallpaper seems like it only lets me change the image, not the functionality.

I see something called "EDT Tweaks", but it is not available in GooglePlay and that probably means I don't know enough to mess with it.

Can somebody aim me in the right direction for changing lock screens?

Edit 2010 10-09 2059:

Oops... Now I see... You don't change lock screens. You install an app that changes the screen for you. "WidgetLocker" is the one I'm currently fooling around with.

I got it to open the camera, but the native password-pattern screen still keeps popping between clicking the WidgetLocker icon and the camera's coming up.

I'm guessing I will have to sacrifice the security of the password-pattern screen by somehow disabling it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones