1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

quick charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Captain Sexy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Android Enthusiast

Does anybody know if this would work on other phones? I'm just wondering if it would be safe to use on the GF's S3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

The chargers are smart sensing and won't go to 9v unless they sense the correct battery. With that said, they do charge at 2amps regular. Check your S3. Mine would not charge if I fed it 2amps. Usual is 1 amp.

3. jason171

jason171 Newbie

Just curious why it is an option to toggle fast charge on or off. Is there any reason to ever not have it on? Thanks!

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

If you are in a position to allow the battery to charge at a normal rate most of the time, then yes.

Generally speaking, in order to charge a lithium battery "faster" you have to introduce more current to it (amps). The more current you introduce, the more heat is produced. Over time this will reduce the performance of the battery. That's why most users experience reduction in battery performance after 10-12 months of continuous use.

Is there anything "wrong" with leaving fast charge on? Probably not. If you only have one battery in your fleet, you'll probably never notice any difference.

But if you are like a lot of us, and tend to leave it on a charger overnight while you sleep, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to turn off fast charge during those sessions.

jason171 and rushmore like this.
  5. carme4

carme4 Member

I just posted for someone else about the rapid chargers and cord I ordered back in my NOte 2 days that were rapid charging and in two years, never wore down the battery. It's in the post just made today about chargers. At any rate, the house charger that I use says that it turns off when it senses that the battery is fully charged so as to prevent overheating. You can find the chargers and cord on the other post, but if you read the description here for this charger, you will see what I mean. It makes me feel a bit safer about falling asleep while it's charging!!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNQTIRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8

6. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

I leave it on all the time.

Quicker top up charges when necessary and, if it does hurt the battery over time, at least it is easy to replace.

7. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

That is the catch of fast charging. Best to use it when you need it. The overall life expectancy is about is up to about 20% less for the battery. Depending on use.

jason171 likes this.
  8. xbohdpukc

xbohdpukc Lurker

I'll definitely adjust my night tasker profile to turn off fast charger, and turn it back on when profile changes to anything else.

9. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I'm using my old S4 charger for 'slow' charging overnight, and only use the fast charger when I NEED a fast charger. Which so far has been once, the day that I bought it. Since then have yet to need to charge it during the day. Which considering how much more I use the phone for online stuff, that I previously would use my tablet for, is really quite impressive. Samsung did good on this one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews