• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick Help Please

emerica243

Feb 21, 2010
I only ever rooted my htc eris which is a totally different process. After reading the steps on the thread "guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html" i feel im ready to do a droid now.

My questions are as follows.

1.) Why is there no Nandroid backup step in the list for a failsafe like there is with the eris rooting procedure?

2.) I dont know much about the roms for the droid. It looks like the FRG22 is a popular and sleek one. But does it have built in data/wifi tethering? Thats mainly what im looking for.

Thanks

I only ever rooted my htc eris which is a totally different process. After reading the steps on the thread "guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html" i feel im ready to do a droid now.

My questions are as follows.

1.) Why is there no Nandroid backup step in the list for a failsafe like there is with the eris rooting procedure?

2.) I dont know much about the roms for the droid. It looks like the FRG22 is a popular and sleek one. But does it have built in data/wifi tethering? Thats mainly what im looking for.

Thanks

once you finish the process a nandroid is a good idea, but there isnt much of an option for making a nandroid before you finish that guide, When you first boot into sprecovery you could nandroid but your phone wont boot correctly at that point so there is no good reason to do so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones