1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Quick Look at the Cyanogen edition

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by El Presidente, Dec 22, 2013.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member Thread Starter
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland

Looks pretty much like standard CM (from what I can remember anyway).

What do you think? Would you prefer this over the standard version?

Advertisement

KOLIO likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Hadn't thought about this device in quite some time.
    As a recovering/WIP new phone hardware junkie,I "STUMBLED" upon this in the OPPO FORUMS.

Now that the 32GB Standard Edition is officially supported by CYANOGENMOD:
    http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/cyanogenmod-for-the-oppo-n1.8017/
    I'm looking @this w/one eye. ;)

The older internals do not bother me,nor the lack of SD Card (32GB is fine,no-go w/16GB) or sealed battery,as the capacity is more than sufficient (3610 mAh).
    Lack of 4G LTE would normally be a deal killer,but,this would serve more as an end-of-the-day/tablet device than a daily driver.

However,the one sticking point is price.Not hardly any used ones to be found,not even on SWAPPA & $649 is quite steep for a device w/older specs.

I do like the phones on the large side,& would love to get my hands on this one,but,even for a phone junkie itching for a new device,the price is just too steep.

Haven't checked A/F Classifieds yet,wish me luck ......................... :D

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    The new phone bug bit hard on this one. ;)

Having sold all but one lone phone (M8),I went ahead & ordered the N1 yesterday evening.

Just got the tracking information from DHL EXPRESS & judging from previous shipment of the OPPO FIND 7 from the same e-tailer & location (OPPOSTYLE out of HONG KONG),could arrive within a couple of days.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Hi Kolio, did you get your N1 delivered in the end?

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Yessir, I've had it for about six weeks now.
    Flashed CM11 that very night, the COLOR 1.0 was a train wreck out-of-the-box, lots of f/c & reboots.
    Occasionally, I run a rooted/stock COLOR O/S that's posted in XDA, but, it's a variant of 4.2.2, not compatible w/my GEAR2 or BLINKFEED mod.

CM11 nightlies are smooth as silk, no issues at all.
    The hardware is awesome, if a bit cumbersome at times, as it's a rather large & heavy phone, but, I do like the big display.
    Everything works flawlessly, phone call, BLUETOOTH, Camera/etc..... are all flagship quality.

I'm set for phones ATM, but, I'm curious to see what the N3 has to offer, especially since it'll have LTE.

Tags: