1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Quick MHL connector question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jea2000, Dec 28, 2011.

1. jea2000

jea2000 Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Hey all, sorry if this has been addressed somewhere already, but I couldn't find it. Mea culpa if it is readily available.

I bought the 7.99 overstock.com mhl to micro usb converter/adapter and went to use it for the first time yesterday. I, however, couldn't get my Nexus to show up on the tv. Th ONLY way I could get it to show up was also to plug the charging cable into a usb hub (in this case, on my DVR); when I unplugged it, the TV screen quit receiving the picture. Is this correct, and are all converters like this? I'm not a bit fan of having to be tethered so tightly to so many machines (TV for HDMI and a computer/DVR box for USB . . . makes things a little clumsy).

Am I missing something? Is there a workaround, or is this just the way MHL works?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. reMarkable

reMarkable New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    These adapters require power (via the micro-usb port.) It is kind of clunky. One tip I've heard is to use a usb to micro usb adapter and connect it to a usb port on the tv, assuming you have one. This way at least you do not involve another power adapter - but there is no avoiding getting juice to the MHL adapter.

Crashumbc likes this.
Tags: