• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Persistent Icon \ Auto Fill Question...

EvoVAlpha

Aug 27, 2012
Hi everyone, long time but love that you all are still going strong and focused! (Sorry if that was corny, long week and overtired:)

Two quick questions about two issues... I have a Motorola G Power w\ Android 11 on it, and after recently resetting the phone, noticed that along with the voicemail updates there is now a stopwatch \ clock icon at the top of the screen and on the lock screen. It's not associated w\ any other app, and will go away when I clear the storage and cache, but comes back as soon as I get a text, along with a 'welcome to voicemail' popup... The latter I'm able to get rid of with a quick swipe, but don't seemingly have an option within the voicemail app itself or any other setting to stop the clock icon.

And this is less of a thing but still a thing; some old email addresses I had on the phone before the reset keep popping up with the autofill... I went to the Google app itself as well as the keyboard settings, and couldn't find where I could remove the emails \ words in general from the autofill \ auto complete.

Thank you in advance for the time and please ask anything that might help!

Hi everyone, long time but love that you all are still going strong and focused! (Sorry if that was corny, long week and overtired:)

Two quick questions about two issues... I have a Motorola G Power w\ Android 11 on it, and after recently resetting the phone, noticed that along with the voicemail updates there is now a stopwatch \ clock icon at the top of the screen and on the lock screen. It's not associated w\ any other app, and will go away when I clear the storage and cache, but comes back as soon as I get a text, along with a 'welcome to voicemail' popup... The latter I'm able to get rid of with a quick swipe, but don't seemingly have an option within the voicemail app itself or any other setting to stop the clock icon.

And this is less of a thing but still a thing; some old email addresses I had on the phone before the reset keep popping up with the autofill... I went to the Google app itself as well as the keyboard settings, and couldn't find where I could remove the emails \ words in general from the autofill \ auto complete.

Thank you in advance for the time and please ask anything that might help!
You can just simply erase it by going into google settings and in email, take it off from the gmail app.

Reactions: EvoVAlpha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones