• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick Question about adb push and /data/app

eL777

Nov 2, 2009
Is there a way to push an apk to /data/app and have it work properly? The reason I ask is that I'm messing with the zeusdroid alpha release and the /system/app folder is full and won't let me push anymore apps into it. I know 3rd party apps are stored in the /data/app folder but when I push an apk in there it won't show up in my app tray or anything. The apps also won't install if I try and use astro to do it. Am I missing something? Thanks.

-eL777

Is there a way to push an apk to /data/app and have it work properly? The reason I ask is that I'm messing with the zeusdroid alpha release and the /system/app folder is full and won't let me push anymore apps into it. I know 3rd party apps are stored in the /data/app folder but when I push an apk in there it won't show up in my app tray or anything. The apps also won't install if I try and use astro to do it. Am I missing something? Thanks.

-eL777

I am assuming you had this app previously installed. Use a program like Root Explorer and make sure there are no remnants of the app in the app directory and anywhere else on the phone (using the "search" function). What ever you find, delete (you might have to set the system to read/write to accomplish this). This has worked for me in the past.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones