1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root quick question about nand backups...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crackers8199, Jul 7, 2010.

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    ...i've made quite a few of them, as i try to do them as recommended before i make any changes to the phone.

my question is: now i'm trying to take them off my sd card and label them as to what is in each one - is there a utility i can use to see what (i.e. what files) was in the different backups so i can label them correctly?

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Idk but I love this question, its one I have thought about also. I was just thinking of putting them in folders on my pc with a text file added with each one but a utility would be highly superior.

3. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    TN
    this is exactly what i did with the text file. i tried renaming them with a short message of what it is at the end.....didn't work, apparently you have to leave the name the same.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Good to know. This would be a great idea for a dev if it hasn't been done and if it even COULD be done. Extract the Rom/Kernel/Applist from the backup and output as a txt file for storage and reference purposes. Is that an over the top idea?

Whatever the case, it's a million miles out of my league. :D

5. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the text file thing is actually what i've been doing, just was curious in that there are a few that i don't recall what i backed up for lol...

i guess i could just create a new one, then restore the ones in question and figure out what's on it...but that's a PITA i'd obviously rather not go through if i don't need to.