1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Quick question about profiling..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kayanite, Feb 10, 2010.

1. kayanite

kayanite Member

Dec 28, 2009
    First off, I'm sorry if this has been asked 101 times before. I have been reading the forums off and on and recall this being asked before, just don't recall it being answered/resolved fully and figured better safe to ask from scratch.

I'm wanting to get a N1 but currently have a BB Curve and love the option that I can have my phone on silent for all calls, but from certain people. Like I said, know it's been asked before and fairly certain that was brought up that it was a BB feature that a lot of phones lacked, but wondering if I could manage to get away with setting up something like that if I were to get a N1? Anyone? :)

Advertisement

2. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm pretty sure this'll do it. Basically you set ring volume rule based on incoming calls from certain contacts / contact group. That'll then over-ride your silent ring, even I believe if that is in itself set by a rule, e.g. based on location ("The Office") or calendar keyword ("Meeting").

Home Useful Android Apps

It's a paid app for the full version, but you may be able to do the basic silent over-ride from certain contacts with the lite version - I think that's one rule at a time. Then again, for $2.95 you may as well go the full monty. Works a charm, and well supported / maintained.

Hope this helps.

3. kayanite

kayanite Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Hey thanks! I actually forgot to question about apps being capable of doing it too. From what I read over and your explanation, seems like it might just do the trick. Thanks again!

Tags: