• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick question about SD card

I did a factory reset last week and it left the SD card alone but with all things concerning data, it is always best practice to perform a backup just in case.

FYI, all of my contacts showed up afterwards but you will have to reinstall all of your third party apps so be prepared to spend some time installing and reconfiguring them.

Upvote 0
Not a problem, make sure that the contacts file is on the SD card, I use Astro File Explorer (free), not sure if they are saved there by default but you can export them from the contact listing on the phone to the card and then back up the card when you connect your phone to your computer, you will be able to view the card as an extra drive, copy paste contents to a folder and you're done.

There might be another way to back up the card but that is what worked for me. The Backup Assistant seems more complicated and doing more than what I need.

Upvote 0
Not a problem, make sure that the contacts file is on the SD card, I use Astro File Explorer (free), not sure if they are saved there by default but you can export them from the contact listing on the phone to the card and then back up the card when you connect your phone to your computer, you will be able to view the card as an extra drive, copy paste contents to a folder and you're done.

There might be another way to back up the card but that is what worked for me. The Backup Assistant seems more complicated and doing more than what I need.

Where on the SD card is the contacts file stored when one preforms an "Export" to the card? also, what is the file called.. I to use Astro..

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones