• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick Question about "System Apps"

Huawei Y6
Carrier: Rogers

New Android user here: I love Android, very happy that I made the switch.

My problem is that I have way too many preinstalled "System Apps" apps on my phone.

I have about 2 gigs worth of apps I can't remove because they are system apps, things like Google Newspaper, Play Books, Play Games, Google+ MyRogers etc etc.

How do I get rid of these safety? Or better yet, is there a way I can get a clean install of Android without any of this stuff?

I could probably just buy a microSD but I feel like I shouldn't have to spend money just to have free space when I have all this stuff I don't use on my phone.

As already mentioned, you can easily disable any app which won't get any of your storage space back but at least they aren't running in the background chewing up your battery. If you disable an app and decide later that you shouldn't have you can just as easily re-enable it.

I just bit the bullet and installed an sd card and keep all my pics, vids and music on it keeping my internal storage as open as possible. Cards are pretty cheap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones