• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick question before I ROOT my soul

MAKE SURE YOU RENAME IT. and when you get to step 14 if you get the black screen with the red triangle with the exclamation mark, don't be alarmed. Plug phone back into USB open up simple root and at the top. Click on extras>flash recovery>select recovery(clockwork), CLICK ON FLASH. Then go back to step 14 and see if it works (black screen with aqua colored options)

Upvote 0
Once you get full nand after doing that last step you will be able to try out Cyanogens 2.2. Very fast
No I haven't. Unfortunately I work for another 8 hours haha. Definitely will complete this when I get home! To flash to a custom rom (specifically fresh 1.0.1) I install the rom manager correct? Thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones