1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Quick question - GMail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doit2it, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    I just purchased the ASUS Transformer from B & H Photo (like 5 minutes ago). I won't get it till Thursday so here's my quick question:

I have a Droid X which I have signed into using my primary GMail account.

Can I use the same GMail account to sign into my new tablet, or do I have to sign in using another GMail account?

Thanks! Excited about entering the Android Tablet era!

Advertisement

2. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Once you get it, plug in the charger and turn it on. It'll charge as you use it (no need to charge for 8 hours), and will do the automatic update to Android v3.2 and update the dock firmware as well to improve its function.
    Yes you can...that way you can use any paid apps on your tablet as well, although not all apps/widgets will work exactly the same on the tablet due to the larger screen and aspect ratio. But apps like BW work fairly well.

One widget I highly recommend is the "Dual battery widget" by Artiom Chilaru. It was made for the TF, it's FREE, and works great. It's a resizeable widget too which is great for customizing for your screen.

Have fun!
    :D

Doit2it likes this.
  3. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for the reply. After looking over the manual I downloaded from ASUS it looks like you don't have to sign in at the initial startup like you do with an Android phone. But I will definitely sign into the Market and GMail with the account for the apps and my GMail contacts. I am hoping the Amazon Appstore will allow the use of my purchased apps on the Transformer too.

I haven't bought the dock yet. I don't really have a need for it. I can see how the Dual Battery Widget would be great if you owned both.

4. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    I use the same account on my phone and tablet.

With the bonus all the apps I paid for on my phone are already available for free download on the Transformer.

Some Amazon apps are good- you must download the amazon appstore app (LOL) to download them. Check everyday, they offer one free. If you miss it it costs money again the next day. (I put one in the queue but didn't download that day, it's still stuck in my queue but it says it will be $3.) Dunno if the ones you already paid for are available on another device.

Get Astro File Manager (Free)- you can backup the apps from your phone into .apk files then install them onto the tablet.

5. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I just got my Eee Pad over the weekend. I used the same Gmail account as my phone. I was pleasantly surprised that most of my apps automatically get installed on the Eee Pad, so I don't have to spend a lot of effort manually installing apps. I had to install a few on my own, though.