• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick question on the EVO V 4G

pfoneguy

Mar 30, 2013
This was my sons phone so that and it being a VM device I have not had that much exposure to its operation. The Phone is bone stock.
Question, if I go to Settings - Mobile Network all I get is a screen with "Mobile Network Settings" at the top with absolutely no options whatsoever, just blank? Is that what I should see? If so, is this a software block by VM? If not, any clue as to why there are no settings?
TIA

Under mobile network settings it should say :
Automatic Settings
Auto-Connect to 4G and Wi-Fi Settings
If its not there, check for software updates. There was an update for the Connections Optimizer some time ago. Not sure though what mines said before that update. Hope it helps.
I am glad you mentioned Connections optimizer, I went into apps and found it disabled, enabled it and it now shows what you posted. I know VM has no roaming, but I would have thought you should still have the roaming settings under Mobile Networks?
I guess everything is ok then, Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones