• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick question! which android handset?

ashatron

Lurker
Oct 29, 2010
Hi all!
just a quick question.

Im in the market for a new android phone, wanting a top end one with decent hardware.

Which would you recommend?

So far I like the look of:
Samsung galaxy S (though its bad battery life really worries me)
Droid X (though quite big, and i hear its quite locked in terms of rooting and modding)

Please recommend others, thanks :)

I'm waiting for the Droid Incredible HD...which is just a rumor at this point but looks likely to come out in November (Nov 23rd is the date that was leaked).

Droid X is locked down and Moto blur is not great IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S devices are nice...but I'm just not sold personally. I do like the touch wiz overlay better than Moto blur...but HTC sense is the best "skin" over top of Android phones IMO. Stock (vanilla) android is still the best IMO but fewer and fewer phones are actually coming with stock android.

It is rumored that the next version of android (gingerbread) will do away with the various skins over top of Android (but who knows...).

Too many choices friend. Read some reviews (or watch them on YouTube like I do), play with devices in the store and get an idea of what you are looking for in a phone.

Upvote 0
Assuming that you want to stick with Verizon:

If you want sheer power (Best CPU and GPU), get the Fascinate. If you are looking for build quality and better manufacture support(fast android updates), get the Droid X.

If you can hold out a little bit longer, Nvidia Tegra 2 based Adroids are right around the corner. I think LG has something coming up by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
Assuming that you want to stick with Verizon:

If you want sheer power (Best CPU and GPU), get the Fascinate. If you are looking for build quality and better manufacture support(fast android updates), get the Droid X.

If you can hold out a little bit longer, Nvidia Tegra 2 based Adroids are right around the corner. I think LG has something coming up by the end of the year.
that might be a good idea.

Waiting for better handsets, which doesnt seem too far away.

Thanks all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones