• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick question

xfighter1188

Sep 15, 2011
On my droid 3, I used titanium backup to freeze a lot of the bloat ware that came installed on my phone. On the safe to remove thread, I followed it and uninstalled Amazon Kindle, Skype Mobile, and NFL Mobile. Now I want to be able to get the OTA update for my phone so i re installed all 3 apps from the market, and froze them. So my question is, will I be able to do the update with no errors? I was planning to unfreeze all the apk's I have frozen and then unroot my phone. Will the fact that i removed those 3 applications and then re installed them change my ability to get the OTA update? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks!

hey my dude i had the same problem but i didnt reinstalled them and the phone works fine, i think we should b ok for the ota when it comes out, but i rerooted cause the phone is so much faster when rooted. only time will tell when we get the ota , if it works, if not we take the soak version on here an we will be good. push come to shove go to vzw and get a replacement.

Upvote 0
Well, you did everything you could to get the phone back into stock condition for the OTA update. There's no harm done. If the update isn't offered because you didn't restore things perfectly, or won't install once offered, it'll be made available by members of this forum for manual installation. In the worst case, you can flash the updated SBF, which people have already done successfully via RSD-lite. I doubt you'll even have to resort to that. Fear not. Neall

Upvote 0
so i should be fine? ok thanks.

Yeah, if you can't install the OTA directly to your phone for whatever reason, it'll be made available for manual installation via internet download from this site, XDA, etc. Just be patient because they haven't pushed the official OTA yet (though the previously leaked beta is apparently identical) .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones