1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Quick question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xfighter1188, Sep 15, 2011.

1. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    On my droid 3, I used titanium backup to freeze a lot of the bloat ware that came installed on my phone. On the safe to remove thread, I followed it and uninstalled Amazon Kindle, Skype Mobile, and NFL Mobile. Now I want to be able to get the OTA update for my phone so i re installed all 3 apps from the market, and froze them. So my question is, will I be able to do the update with no errors? I was planning to unfreeze all the apk's I have frozen and then unroot my phone. Will the fact that i removed those 3 applications and then re installed them change my ability to get the OTA update? Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    hey my dude i had the same problem but i didnt reinstalled them and the phone works fine, i think we should b ok for the ota when it comes out, but i rerooted cause the phone is so much faster when rooted. only time will tell when we get the ota , if it works, if not we take the soak version on here an we will be good. push come to shove go to vzw and get a replacement.

3. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    Well, you did everything you could to get the phone back into stock condition for the OTA update. There's no harm done. If the update isn't offered because you didn't restore things perfectly, or won't install once offered, it'll be made available by members of this forum for manual installation. In the worst case, you can flash the updated SBF, which people have already done successfully via RSD-lite. I doubt you'll even have to resort to that. Fear not. Neall

4. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    so i should be fine? ok thanks.

5. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    Yeah, if you can't install the OTA directly to your phone for whatever reason, it'll be made available for manual installation via internet download from this site, XDA, etc. Just be patient because they haven't pushed the official OTA yet (though the previously leaked beta is apparently identical) .