1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Quick Question!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gsxr150, Sep 16, 2011.

1. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Hey guys, any way to transfer an old version of an app to a new phone? I know I could re-download the app easy, but I like the older version (the one on my current phone)...

THANKS!!

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Are you rooted? If so, you could backup the app with Titanium, then move it from the old SD Card to the new one.

If you're not rooted, you could try Astro, it backs stuff up too, but I've found it's temperamental with what it backs up and what it doesn't.

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    England
    You could also try MyBackup pro if you use the trial version it should give you enough time to switch it to your new phone.

You would need to back up the app then look in the reware folder on your sd card and copy the contents over to your new phone then restore it if using mybackup.

El Presidente likes this.
  4. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    If it's a free app you don't need root to back it up. Lots of file explorers do this, I use ES file explorer (free no ads)t. To do it with that, inside ES is app manager open that, then long press the app you want, click backup and it will put an apk in sdcard/backups/apps.

Get the apk over to your other phone somehow and click on it inside a file explorer to install.

Since you like the old version of whatever, manually installing from apk also gives you the benefit of the market not trying to update it anymore. (on your original phone you can uninstall, then reinstall from the apk for the same effect if you're keeping that phone around)

El Presidente likes this.