• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick question

RicanCrazy

Lurker
Oct 25, 2014
Have a Note 2 AT&T I bought from a friend. Brought it to stock version 4.1.1 to unlock it to use with My Family Mobile. I tried to do an update from samsung kies and at the end of it the update failed and my phone threw a invalid magic string. had to go back to 4.1.1. Using Odin to flash. And if I can bring it to a newer update will my phone still be able to read my family mobile sim? Any solutions out there?

Was able to sit down today and work on the phone a bit. Downloaded the Firmware from the site you linked and tried to apply it using odin again. Still getting a "Fail" on odin and on my phone saying "Invalid magic string" Am not sure what im doing wrong. Was able to revert the phone to 4.1.1, now it wont upgrade to anything newer...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones