• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick questions...

jmims

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
Columbus, GA
I'm getting my Droid X next Friday, coming from a rooted Droid. I was thinking about rooting the DX before actually activating it by doing the Android screen corner taps; mainly because I want to install Titanium Backup using ADB, so that I can go ahead and restore all of my apps without having to wait for a Market sync, and so that I don't have to go back into each app and set them up. My question (well... more like a couple questions) is installing an app using ADB all that safe?--I read somewhere it was kind of sketchy. And would it even be safe to outright bypass activation/setup to root and do this? Thanks!

Why do you have to do all this before you activate it? And what is the screen tap root method and does it even work on the x? You can restore your apps with TB without all that abd stuff. It seems like your trying to do something the hard way to me. Activate, root, install TB, restore apps + data.

Upvote 0
Why do you have to do all this before you activate it? And what is the screen tap root method and does it even work on the x? You can respite your apps with TB without all that abd stuff. Out seem like your trying to do something the hard way to me. Activate, root, install TB, restore apps + data.

Yeah I agree there is no reason to do it any other way. And adb installing stuff works just fine I used to do it alot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones