• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick review of Samsung's HDMI adapter

Martythed

Lurker
Feb 9, 2013
Greetings to all:

I just purchased a Samsung model EPL-3PHPBEGSTA adapter for using a HDMI equipped TV with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

The exact model of my tab is "P5113" (for the US market) and it's running on Android v4.1.1.

The hookup was quick and it actually works -- audio and video -- with my DYNEX (a Best Buys house brand) HDMI equipped TV.

From what I understand, there is a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the non-US market that's a model "P5110" where the adapter may, or may not, work; but it does work with my P5113.

Also, the adapter I ordered was a "EPL-3PHPBEG" and not the EPL-3PHPBEGSTA that I received; I have no idea what, if any, difference there is between the two.

BTW, the cost of these things is all over the place........ I paid $37.00 for mine but I've seen them considerably higher.

Happy tableting to all from,

Martythed

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones