• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick Samsung Moment Messaging question.

redman2563

Nov 4, 2009
Hello, Ive read about the htc hero and how it had or still may have the battery problem, while using the messaging app. I was wondering if the samsung moment had the same issue or if its non existent. Some people said I should get handcent instead but it seems kind of redundant having two apps. what do you think? any input on the subject is welcome and thank you in advance for your time.
-Redman

please excuse me if this has already been asked in another forum but I haven't seen it. Is there a way to uninstall the preloaded software that comes on the Moment? Nothing personal to Nascar fans, I personally don't care for it and therefore have no use for the app on my phone (along with a couple others that'll never be used)

Upvote 0
please excuse me if this has already been asked in another forum but I haven't seen it. Is there a way to uninstall the preloaded software that comes on the Moment? Nothing personal to Nascar fans, I personally don't care for it and therefore have no use for the app on my phone (along with a couple others that'll never be used)
Im assuming, just like it as on the Hero, you couldnt remove the Sprint Apps. Yea, it sucks, but Im guessing that was done so people wouldnt delete it and cry they couldnt find it on Market if they changed their minds.

Upvote 0
well, that's awesome lol But I can understand why its that way. Another question actually about messaging this time. Has anyone sent a text to an email account? I've been doing this for years and now it seems like I can't get a message to the account without it showing up as a picture mail that wont open. It's no big deal, just makes communication with my roommate while she's at work a little easier. I've also sent messages to my email addy from both the installed SMS and with Handcent, both with equal results... Just a little odd.

Upvote 0
I have a slight lag on the virtual keyboard as well, and I don't really think there's any way to outright "fix" it - it could be trying to autocomplete your words, if you have that on, so perhaps try to turn all that off and see if it makes a difference? For what it's worth I think there's a touch of it as well using the physical keyboard, so it's more likely a matter of it simply displaying what you're typing slower instead of it receiving your input slower.

Upvote 0
There is no way to unistall the default messaging app you can only sort of disable it to a ceratain extent. Because although its disabled its still running in the back because the messages arrive there first and then they get pushed over to handcent. Make sure to disable notifications for the default app otherwise youre going to have multiple notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones