1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Quick Search continually closing while typing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Duffin, May 4, 2012.

1. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Okay, this is seriously starting to piss me off and I don't know why it's happening. I've got 4.0.4. Basically, I hit the magnifying glass on my phone and start to type a search and it just closes mid-way through typing and goes back to the homescreen. Is anyone else having this issue? It's really frustrating and I don't know what's causing it. I'm using the stock keyboard and I've even tried to type really slowly to make sure I wasn't somehow closing the keyboard by accident, but it still does it!

Advertisement

2. propus

propus Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    I'm having the same issue on occasion & I use Swiftkey. I haven't found a trigger for that problem.

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert
    None

Sep 2, 2009
    Have either of you perhaps changed anything in Settings>Developer Options? In particular, the Don't Keep Activities and Background Process Limit options? If Don't Keep Activities is checked, the Quick Search app will close when the keyboard pops up because it assumes you've left Quick Search and switched to the keyboard. Similarly, if Background Process Limit is too low, it may decide that Quick Search is the lowest priority process and kill it.

If you haven't messed with these settings, do you have any task managers installed? They could be messing with process priorities, resulting in Quick Search getting a lower priority than it should. Also, if you have a lot of active background tasks, Quick Search can be knocked back in priority if the other tasks are constantly refreshing.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Tags: