1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Quick Software Update Question For Rooted EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by broad_st_bully, Sep 9, 2011.

1. broad_st_bully

okay, I'm running MikG Sense 2.1-3.0 v2.5 and my software version is 4.24.651.1.

I saw there is a patch on the MikG site that someone said fixes the latest software update.

my question is how significant is the new software?

I believe that if I update my software OTA I will lose my root level access....correct?
    then would I have to root the phone all over again?

or would I be better off leaving everything as-is?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

There are 2 patches available from Mik's web site. You need to flash the first to flash the second. The patches fix some of the issues that HTC broke when they release 2.3.3 in the recent OTA. 2.51 fixes the voice to text problem and a couple of other issues. 2.52 fixes the native screen shot capability. The only other thing is that there is a new radio version out. If you are not having issues with signal, it is not necessary to flash it. It is not worth it to unroot to accept the OTA then reroot. The devs have everything you would get in a flashable format so you don't have to lose root.

ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews