1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Quick Swipe Nightmare

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by thewiseturnip, Mar 8, 2016.

1. thewiseturnip

thewiseturnip Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2016
    I have a Galaxy A5 and I accidentally downloaded and installed a program called quick swipe over the Internet not through Google play. The effects have been close enough to that another poster but I haven't seen any obvious adverse performance issues. I have read and followed correctly (I think?) the advise given to the original poster. I found and 'removed' quick swipe but it was still running. It stayed to the side of the screen. I restarted the phone to see if it would go into effect then. Quick Swipe is as far as I can tell still operating fine with me having removed the application. I downloaded a malware detection software called Malwarebyte and ran a scan. It found no malware and offered no other solution. So I guess it may not actually be malware but it still bugs me that I can't get rid of it. I know I did something pretty dumb and I'm lucky it's not a lot worse. I will include pictures. Also in reply please use easy to understand lingo technology speaking. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Hope you can help and thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. thewiseturnip

thewiseturnip Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2016
  3. thewiseturnip

thewiseturnip Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2016
    Quick update. I can tell my device is suffering. It's overheating and battery is draining faster than normal with all applications off and the screen off

4. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    Sales Rep
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Factory data reset