1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Quick Tip - To Use Stock Google Voice Recognition via Bluetooth...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FitchVA, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FitchVA

FitchVA Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Coming from a Galaxy Nexus, I got rather fond of the stock Google voice recognition when using my Bluetooth while driving.

I have absolutely HATED SVoice on my Note II.

99% of my Bluetooth voice command-driven calls are made to my fiance. Now, granted, she has an uncommon and non-American name, but Google voice never had an issue.

All I had to say was "Call Ping Yee on mobile" and my old Nexus got it right each and every time. When I say the same thing to my Note II with SVoice, it has yet to get it right. It ends up trying to call my friend Greg...

I simply went into the applications manager and disabled SVoice. Now when I hit the command button on my Bluetooth headset, Google Voice fires up and I can once again call my fiance.

Advertisement

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Heh. I actually have the opposite experience than yours. I could never get my wife's name correctly on Google Voice, but it works every time on S-Voice. Her name is Masha (Russian) and Google Voice would end up with Marcia every single freaking time. And instead of searching thru Contacts to look for something similar, it will search the web instead!

S-Voice will come up with her contact every single time. I think it tries to match the closest one in contact first. I wish Google Voice search would do the same.

On web search, Google Voice is leap and bound better than S-Voice. But for texting or dialing someone in the Contact list, S-Voice is better for me.

3. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2012
    Male
    My daughter & I were watching some nature show about monkeys the other day & she asks me if we evolved from monkeys what did monkeys evolve from...(shes 9) lol

So I asked Svoice now idk if I had marbles in my mouth but that stupid thing could NOT understand "evolve" give it a try I bet it wont understand..lol

Anyway we got side tracked and started laughing @ all the mistakes it was giving us back & forgot to see what monkeys evolved from..haha

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    That's funny Cid. Kids can make you forget your own name if you're not careful.