• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick way to change sound profile?

Is there a way to change the sound profile from, say, normal to silent without having to go through the menus? In other words, for former Storm users, the way we could click on the speaker to quickly choose profiles.

Download an app called Quick Profiles. Only drawback is you can't see which profile is active unless you purchase Quick Profiles Pro. Well worth the couple dollars IMO.

Reactions: Bundy
Upvote 0
Quickest way is to use the volume rocker. All the way down drops you to vibrate, one up is silent, anything after that is sound at increasing levels.
Darn, couldn't figure that one out. Sometime I accidentally got it to silent without knowing how I did it. :eek: Another method is to add the Sound widget to your homescreen. But I like this way better, thanks.

Upvote 0
I used Beautiful widgets as it comes with a widget for vibrate and for silent mode.

There is also a program called Vibrate Widget if you just need to change to vibrate.

For volume controls i use a program called "Volume Control" be revolutionary. It allows you to have presets which is very nice. I think this program should be built into the phone.

Upvote 0
Quick Profiles allows you to set different profiles according to your needs. It's not just about putting the phone on vibrate or ring. For example...

My loud setting has the ringer and notifications maxed out for when I'm in the car.
My medium setting has the ringer at about half way, but notifications at about 70% so I can hear it when I'm in the house.
My work setting puts everything a little lower than my medium setting...since 90% of the time, I'm sitting right next to the phone.
Finally, my sleep setting silences all the notifications, but leaves the alarm clock and ringer at 100% (my husband is a cop who works midnights...if something happens to him, I WANT to hear the phone, but I don't want text messages and emails waking me all night)

Switching between the different profiles is as simple as 2 clicks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones