1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Quick way to silence notifications

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MyNamesTooLong, Mar 4, 2011.

1. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    So with the exception of my behold 2, none of the android phones I have owned allowed me to silence the song playing for say a text unless I unlock the phone and slide down the notification bar. Is there any way that I may have missed that will stop the notification after I acknowledge it? like the behold 2 and most my old phones the ringer and messages could be silenced by hitting a key. So far mytouch 3g/slide/cliq/g1 and others wont allow it. Is there an app maybe, or a settings trick. btw all phones are/have been non rooted.

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
  3. MyNamesTooLong

None

Jan 17, 2011
    Um yeah looks like it'll work

4. MyNamesTooLong

None

Jan 17, 2011
    Well turns out that one only silences the ringer...same with most the silent mode apps. A waste if you ask me as its faster to hit the volume button to silence a call. The closest I found was flip to silence, but the sreen has to be awake to silence notifications, and they resume playing if you pick the phone up. There has to be some way

5. MyNamesTooLong

None

Jan 17, 2011
    Well after spending some quality time with google, it appears that not being able to silence incoming notifications is just a blunder on the part of android.(surprised they havent caught this from 1.5-2.2) Also seems all the sense/motoblur etc havent fixed this either. Apparently its a feature from samsungs touchwiz, which explains why it can be done on a behold 2 or a moment.