• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quicken 2013 Android app

D

Deleted User

Not sure if there are any Quicken users here but I just wanted to let those Quicken users know that finally, Intuit has a terrific Android app (an iOS app also) that works very well with the newly released Quicken 2013.

I am a beta tester for Intuit so have been using Quicken 2013 and the Android app for a couple of months now. All I can tell you is if you are a Quicken user and have a smart phone you are definitely going to want Quicken 2013. Quicken 2013 will be avail. at amazon.com on 9/30/2012. You can buy it at you local Costco now. Oh, Quicken 2013 in general is really terrific.. The apps are the icing on the cake so to speak...

About the apps.... both the iOS app or the Android app will be available at no charge / FREE.

The iOS app will be available from iTunes & Apple App Store only.

The Android app will be available from Google Play, Amazon.com (for Kindle users) and possibly (?) at the Quicken.com eStore.

Apps will apparently be avail. at the above on or about 10/4/12.

Reactions: lawliz
Not sure if there are any Quicken users here but I just wanted to let those Quicken users know that finally, Intuit has a terrific Android app (an iOS app also) that works very well with the newly released Quicken 2013.

I am a beta tester for Intuit so have been using Quicken 2013 and the Android app for a couple of months now. All I can tell you is if you are a Quicken user and have a smart phone you are definitely going to want Quicken 2013. Quicken 2013 will be avail. at amazon.com on 9/13/2012. You can buy it at you local Costco now. Oh, Quicken 2013 in general is really terrific.. The apps are the icing on the cake so to speak...

About the apps.... both the iOS app or the Android app will be available at no charge / FREE.

The iOS app will be available from iTunes & Apple App Store only.

The Android app will be available from Google Play, Amazon.com (for Kindle users) and possibly (?) at the Quicken.com eStore.

Apps will apparently be avail. at the above on or about 10/4/12.
So then the app will not work with earlier version of Quicken?

Upvote 0
Just downloaded the quicken app. One problem I've having is that I can't seem to assign tags to new transactions. I can touch the field, and then even click the box of the tag I want to assign, but I can't figure out how to get back to the previous screen and save the selected tag. What do I do after selecting the appropriate tag?

Upvote 0
FWIW, I have downloaded the Quicken App, and it does not seem to be ready for Prime Time. The synching with my Quicken 2013 data seems to have messed up some of my transactions, and the app is displaying duplicate transactions that don't exist in my data.

The comments on the Android Market indicate that I am not the only one having this problem.

Hopefully, Intuit will fix these issues, but for right now, my advice would be to stay away.

Just my experience.

Andy

Upvote 0
I just downloaded and installed the 2013 version and the App. It messed up some of my transactions (Only after the Cloud Sync). It wasnt that many transactions that got messed up so I restored all my data pre-sync and then compared one to the other. Even with the compare I could not find where the issue was occurring. I noticed that there was a reference to my account not matching my statement (not sure how it looks at a statement but...) I took another tact and restored my data. I then balanced each account with my bank statements. Next I backed up the data and then synced. Everything was then the way it should be. So in short what worked for me was to convert the data, balance according to the bank statement and then sync.

Upvote 0
Stay away from the app..... I purchased Quicken 2013 and then got the app. It has been a nightmare. I now do not use it at all, in fact, I have uninstalled it. I am not sure if it is the Quicken program or the app, but 2013 is having problems. I have tried to go back to 2012 but that does not seem possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones