• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quickest Way to Change System App Icons

DeezNutsXD

Feb 28, 2016
Is there a quick and easy way to fully change system app icons? I want to use the stock LG launcher and not other 3rd party ones like Nova. I have already tried Unicon, but there are still some parts of the phone that show the old icon. I have root, so I can access the system files. If anyone has any solutions then please help.

There should be an option in any launcher to choose an icon pack. Just select None, or No icon pack, or however it's worded. This screenshot is from Lollipop Launcher.

Attachments

• 1469695664626.jpg
    1469695664626.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
The point is that I want to permanently change the icon of the system apps. I have icon png files that I wish to replace the app icons. I want the icon changes permanent and independent of iconpacks or launchers. Can you tell me a different way other than manually decompiling and changing the pngs and then recompiling?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones